Tuesday, September 15, 2009

And so it ends...

This weekend will be the first weekend we will not have a show up at Starlight. It is an odd feeling. You grow so accustomed to something that when it has disappeared, you can hardly get used to the vacancy. So firstly, I should apologize for this being my first post on the blog. I love being busy, and I really thought I would make time to write more often, but I usually forgot or didn't have anything really to say. So Starlight this summer was quite the experience, and I would like to talk about some of the actors and what they showed me this summer. Brittney Carlson (now Fekete') was one of my best friends this summer. She is wise, beautiful and wonderful. Katie Roundy was also a brilliant friend this summer and I want her to know how much it meant to me that we could talk and be as close as we were. Dugan Jackman, who I am sure you all know was an awesome choreographer and I think my favorite part of the summer was when he ran on stage after hearing the dinner bell in Seven Brides only to find that Adam had used the bell as an example for Millie. His look of disappointment was CLASSIC! His best friend Garret was absolutely incredible. He definitely inspired me to be more adventurous. Seriously, get this. He learned how to do a pretty prefect back-handspring in about 30 seconds. Pretty impressive. Abby Howard also inspired me to be more daring when it came to tricks because she was the first one to try all the lifts, and 99.9% of the time, she got them perfectly. Her sister Sarah and her brother BJ were also so wonderful. Their family let me stay with them some weekends and they became like another family for me. Speaking of family, what about the Davis'? Skye and Michelle are such a wonderful couple. Skye was almost the older brother I never had, and while I didn't really get to know Michelle on a personal level, I did get to witness her enormous talents, especially vocally. It was incredible to be working with someone who could sing so gorgeously with such little effort. Gracie and Maya are two of the most GORGEOUS girls I have ever met! It always gave me such joy when Gracie would run up and jump on me after every show giving me a great big hug. Maya was such a joy because she constantly had a smile on her face and is just so sporty! Congrats on Varsity by the way! Sawyer was awesome too- I loved that he always liked being chorus- it made being in the background an absolute blast! He was a great dance partner too. Ed and Jan- well I am sure you all know them pretty well, but aren't they wonderful? Simply lovely, I think. Who is next? How about Claire Marx? She has the biggest blue eyes I have ever seen and she is sooooo gorgeous! She just started college and we wish her the best of luck! Tim is back at school with me and doing very well. He is so talented and it was a pleasure to watch him grow this summer. Oh yeah, that's what Tim said. There is also Spencer Smith- what a boy! All I can say is that I have finally met my match making funny faces on stage, not only that, but if it were a competition, he would win! And then there is Jared Fillingim. Well, love that boy to death and I think my favorite memory is when he kissed his manikin head! I totally have a picture! Woot! Well that covers the core kids plus a few Davis kids and the Davis parents, but I hope it gives you an insight as to what our crazy summer was like. I love these people and I wish them all the best in the future! 
-Francesca Mintowt-Czyz

No comments: