Saturday, August 9, 2008

Summer Dance Camp!

This past week I taught two wonderful groups of girls ballet and hip hop at the Garden Valley Fitness Center. I had such a great time working with all of my sweet, talented girls and I only hope they had half as much fun as I did. The first class was the 4-7 year old ballet class and my little ballerinas were Ruby, Lydia, Benny, Katerry and Andrea and we danced to Bobby Darin's "Baby Face." Oh my gosh, they were fall-on-the-floor adorable. My big girls, 8-12 year old hip hop, consisted of Kate, Zoe, Annika, Chloe, Meridith, Cheyenne and Emily and we danced to "Imma Shine" by YoungBloodz to which I choreographed a VERY challenging routine which the girls truly rose to the occasion to master. I was so proud of all of their hard work.

By the way, I'm still searching for a way to get the videos scot so kindly taped for us of our final performances up here so everyone can watch them, but have yet to have any success. Take my word that they are very impressive and adorable until you can see for yourselves.


Thank you to all parents for sharing your wonderful girls with me this week. It has been such a pleasure working with them. I hope they will all continue dancing in the future.

No comments: